Somethings don’t look like much, but are rewardingly satisfying. And this dish requires minimal effort and time to prepare. It’s a slightly modified version of the recipe from Nigellissima, and serves 1.
1 tbs oil
1 clove garlic
1/2 tsp dried chilli powder
1 tin chopped tomatoes
Salt, black pepper, dried herbs
- Heat the oil with the garlic and chilli, stirring, for a minute.
- Add the tomatoes, salt, pepper, and herbs. Let it come to the boil.
- Crack the eggs over the tomatoes, followed by thinly sliced cheese.
- Poach the eggs for around 5 minutes, partially covered.
- Serve with a sprinkling more black pepper and good quality plain white toast.
This dish comes recommended by Nigella for post-partying gratification, that’s easily up-scaleable. I happily enjoyed it as a solo, non-hungover, brunch.
PS Thank you CF for my lovely little Spanish terracotta tapas dish!