This recipe is inspired by the tapas feast episode of Jamie Oliver’s 30 Minute Meals (online recipes). I made quite a few modifications, mainly because of what I had available at home. The biggest change is that I used couscous instead of breadcrumbs, as I wanted this for the carb portion of dinner rather than a small tapas dish. My own 30-minute meal consisted of this, some frozen chicken schnitzel that I baked in the oven at the same time, and green beans pan fried when these were 5 minutes from being ready.
- Put 1 cup of couscous into a large bowl. Add salt, pepper, dried herbs, paprika.
- Heat 2 cups of stock. Pour over the couscous and leave for 5-10 min.
- Finely chop one small or half a larger red onion.
- Cut (or my preference, scissor) some sun-dried tomatoes, about 50g.
- Grate some melty cheese, around 50g.
- Drain 4 roasted capsicums from a jar.
- Fork the onion, tomatoes and cheese through the couscous. Spoon some into each capsicum. There will be too much, but that’s the idea.
- Spread a bed of couscous on a baking dish. Lay over the stuffed capsicum. Put the rest of the couscous over the capsicum.
- Cover the dish loosely with foil and bake in the oven at 180°C for about 20 min.
I cut around each capsicum and served a ‘wedge’ each for dinner. But it looks pretty good served in a tapas dish, too.